The case, band, bezel, and back cover of this new model is made of lightweight, easy-on-the-wrist titanium. Titanium is notorious as being a material that is difficult to work with, and its application in this model represents a significant achievement. The surface of the metal is finished with a diamond like carbon (DLC) coating that protects it against scratching and other damage.
This new full-metal GMW-B5000 Series watch maintains the original G-SHOCK concept while improving overall timekeeping quality.
- Shock-resistant structure with fine resin shock absorbers in a tough, full-metal case
- Screw back with diamond-like carbon (DLC) finish for outstanding wear resistance
- Sapphire crystal with non-reflective inside surface coating
- Film solar cell and an STN-LCD for a clear view, even from an angle
- Smartphone Link (World Time setting for approximately 300 cities and user cities, auto time adjustment, simple setting configuration, Reminder, time and place, Phone Finder, 7-segment battery level indicator)
- MULTIBAND 6 (Automatically adjusts time settings based on reception of one of six time calibration signals around the globe: Japan (2), China, United States, England, Germany.)
- Tough Solar
- Five World Times
- High-brightness Full Auto LED light (Super Illuminator, 2-second/4-second duration switching, fade in/fade out)
- 6 Day of the week languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian