Effective Date: 21st June, 2019
Casio India Co., Pvt. Ltd. (hereafter "Casio", "we" or “us”) is committed to protect your privacy.
This Policy covers both our online and offline data collection activities, including your Personal Information that we collect through various channels such as websites, apps, third party social networks, customer helpdesk, customer call centers, marketing events, marketing surveys, you accessing / creating a login / registering for schemes, benefits and value added services that we offer through online and offline mediums from time to time.
I. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- "Personal Information," is the information through which you can be identified, and which will allow us to contact you, such as your name, postal address, telephone numbers, email address, etc.
We collect the Personal Information from or about you, from the following sources:
- Our websites / apps / mobile sites: You agree that we will collect Personal Information from you only when you provide it to us on the websites / apps / mobile sites operated by or for us ("Websites"), as well as our official pages on third party social networks such as Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Interactions: Your interactions with us through emails, text, other electronic messages, over the phone, social media etc.
- Communication with our customer helpdesk or customer call centers: Your communication and interaction with our customer helpdesk, customer call centers and customer support centers for after-sale and allied services in relation to our products, schemes, value addition services etc. or any other enquiry.
- Registration / Similar forms: Printed / digital registration and similar forms that we collect from you, for example, through demos, contests, surveys, newsletters, promotional and marketing campaigns and events in relation to our products and services. This includes the information you provide for accessing / creating a login / participating / registering for schemes, benefits and value added services that we offer through online and offline mediums which shall include without limitation product registration, loyalty programs, membership programs, incentive programs, etc. You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
- Consumer feedback: Any information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience of using our products and services.
- Other sources: Data we receive through other sources such as third party social networks, market research, co-branding tie-ups etc.
- "Aggregate Information," is the information through which an individual cannot be identified.
We collect your anonymous information through the following sources, as you navigate through and interact with our Websites:
- Server Log Files: Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit our Websites, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. Your IP addresses is used to calculate the usage levels of our Websites, to help diagnose problems with the servers of our Websites, and to administer our Websites. We may also use your IP addresses to communicate or to block you for security reasons. Collecting IP addresses is a standard practice followed on the internet and is carried out automatically by many websites.
- Pixel Tags: “pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") help us to compile aggregate statistics about the usage of Websites and response rates. Pixel Tags enables us to maintain a count of the users who have visited certain pages of the Website. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and as to when the email was opened and read by the receiver of the e-mail.
II. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED BY US:
- Personal Information: You acknowledge and agree that we may use your Personal Information in any of the following ways:
- We may use your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to respond to your questions, comments and enquiries addressed to us.
- We may also use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our business. Personal Information collected from different sources (online, offline) may be combined by us.
- We may use your Personal Information for contacting you through various communication methods for marketing and promotional purposes, for updates and announcements concerning CASIO products, services, special promotions, schemes etc. If at any time you wish to stop receiving these communications from us, you may put up a request for discontinuation of sending of such communications by contacting us on our contact details provided below or you can opt-out at any time by unsubscribing through links available in our communications.
- We work with third parties who provide services to us, including website hosting, data analysis, newsletter services, promotional activities, logistics services, customer support services and other administrative services. We may share your Personal Information with such third parties, on need to know basis, for the purpose of enabling such third parties discharge the provision of such services.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe that we are required to do so: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal process or governmental requests; (iii) to protect our operations; (iv) to protect rights, privacy, safety or property of Casio, its affiliates, you or others; and (v) to enable us to pursue the available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to disclose your Personal Information within CASIO group companies.
- Aggregate Information: We may analyze the data collected through automatic data collection technologies in order to enhance the security of our Websites, track the popularity of certain pages of our Websites, track success of our email notifications, assess traffic levels on our Websites and other usage data, all of which would help us to provide content tailored to the interests of the consumers, improve our Websites and related services and to otherwise enhance your experience on our Websites.
III. OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
- We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children below the age of (18). If we discover that we have unintentionally collected Personal Information from a child below (18), we will remove that child's Personal Information from our records promptly. However, we may collect Personal Information about children below (18) years of age from the parent or guardian directly, and with their consent.
- We have adequate security measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure. Please note, however, that these protections do not apply to your information in public domain such as third party social networks. We will endeavor to protect your Personal Information, however we do not guarantee complete security. If you have a reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us on our contact details provided below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to address and respond to the problem).
- We have adequate procedures in place to keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up to date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. If you want your Personal Information to be modified, you may request us that such information be corrected by contacting us on our contact details provided below. You are advised to furnish the copy of your identity proof and clearly indicate the information that you wish to change. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible upon furnishing of such documents as may be required by us from you. Please note that despite any removal of or change to Personal Information requested by you there may also be residual information that will remain within our database and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
- We reserve the right to change this Policy, and any of the procedures concerning the treatment of your Personal Information, without notice. Please check back and review this Policy frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy. We encourage you to bookmark this page and to periodically review it to ensure familiarity with the current version of this Policy.
IV. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the courts of New Delhi, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of this Policy.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS:
If you have questions or concerns or requests about this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below:
The Legal Department
Casio India Co., Private Ltd.
A-41, First Floor, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi 110044, India.