Icons on the face glass next to each of the buttons contribute to easy-to-understand, intuitive access to the information you need even when facing a severe outdoor environment.
The digital LCD uses a high-contrast bold font, which, in combination with an STN LCD, ensures improved visibility even under harsh sunlight.
Other functions include Tough Solar, time calibration signal reception, and 100-meter water resistance, all of which help to ensure you get the timekeeping performance you need under virtually any conditions imaginable.
In addition to all of this, these models boast smaller cases and a thinner looking bezel. These watches are designed so they do not interfere with wrist movement while engaging in mountain climbing, camping, and other outdoor activities. These models come with DURA-SOFT bands that incorporate silicon materials to improve durability.
The fit of these watches has been improved to support comfort during longer mountain climbing and other outdoor sessions.
The PRW-30Y-1BDR model features an ion plated (IP) bezel and a light-on-dark LCD, all in an overall basic black design.
- Triple Sensor (bearing, altitude/barometric pressure, temperature)
- MULTIBAND 6 (Automatically adjusts time settings based on reception of one of six time calibration signals around the globe: Japan (2), China, United States, England, Germany.)
- Tough Solar
- Barometric pressure graph
- Barometric pressure alarm
- Low-temperature resistance (–10°C/14°F)
- Slide lever band