Naurtech's CETerm Terminal Emulator Version 5.5
The device tailored CETerm terminal emulator Version 5.5 developed for DT-X11, DT-X7, IT-600 and DT-X30 series is a cost effective and well-proven application. It is the "best of breed" emulation client available for WindowsCE based handheld terminals, and offers you an "out-of-the-box" solution to access business data residing on IBM3270, IBM AS/400 (5250), VT hosts and HTML based Web Server from the CASIO terminals over Wireless LAN or Wireless Wide Area Network.
What's New in Version 5.5
Here are some highlights of the new features and enhancements
Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol.
CETerm now contains a feature-rich implementation of the Secure Shell Protocol. Both SSH-1 and SSH-2 protocols are supported, with a broad range of encryption and authentication options. Encryptions include AES-256, Blowfish, and Triple-DES. Authentication can use traditional passwords or public-key infrastructure (PKI). See the CETerm User Manual for complete details.
Extensive Additions to CETerm Scripting.
New Scripting Automation Objects.
Here is a partial list of the new automation objects in CETerm scripting:
- OS.Event – Named Event access and script launching.
- OS.File – File read, write, append, listing, copy, etc.
- OS.Process – Launch and control other programs.
- OS.Network – Ping, DNS, and FTP access.
- OS.Window – Find and control running programs.
- Device.SerialPort – Full integration of peripherals.
- Device.Keyboard – Keyboard control, system wide HotKeys
- Device.RFID – Control RFID reading and writing.
- Device.GPS – Direct access to the GPS functionality.(for DT-X30 only)
Additional Web Browser Extensions.
More Network Awareness Features.
There are new features to allow recovery when a browser session loses connectivity during a page load. Using these features and Network Alerts for lost RF connectivity will virtually eliminate dropped sessions without needing an expensive middleware server. CETerm delivers a simpler operating environment and the lowest cost of ownership.
Please refer to the product manuals for details. You can also review the "Hot Tips" document in Naurtech knowledgebase.