Casio Releases Industrial PDA Designed to Support Information Sharing at Workplaces Including Retail Stores and Medical Facilities
Compact Communication Terminal with Intuitive Operability
- December 16, 2010
TOKYO, December 16, 2010 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced today that it will release the IT-300 industrial personal digital assistant (PDA) in the end of February 2011. The IT-300 is designed to be easy to use, with an assortment of information made directly accessible with a simple touch of the finger on the screen. The product’s compact size enables it to be carried at all times by various kinds of users, from sales staff at retail stores to nurses at medical facilities.
Casio made every effort to develop a portable, easy-to-operate information device, and equipped it with IEEE 802.11b/g standard wireless LAN compatible with WPA2 security standards. This enables information to be shared by teams of staff members that are constantly on the move at workplaces like stores and hospitals.
With a thickness of 19.6 mm the IT-300 is compact enough to fit into a shirt pocket. The unit’s 9.4-centimeter (3.7-inch), VGA (480 x 640 dots) Blanview® LCD is an capacitive touch panel, which allows users to turn pages and zoom in and out at the touch of a finger when using the Web browser or built-in document viewer compatible with various types of formats including PDF and Microsoft® Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint®. These features make the IT-300 useful not only for information sharing, but also for developing employees’ knowledge and skills through e-learning.
Along with basic capabilities such as e-mail transmission and video playback in MPEG-4 and Windows Media® Video (WMV) formats, the IT-300 is loaded with a variety of functions that are useful for work at stores and medical institutions, including a semi-conductor laser scanner, Bluetooth® Version 2.0 (Class 2), and remote desktop tools which enable secure access to business application software on personal computers. Furthermore, the IT-300 meets IP54 dust/splash-proof standards, and is durable enough to withstand a shock when dropped from a height of 1.5 meters.
Main Features of the IT-300
- Compact enough to fit into a shirt pocket and be taken anywhere, at just 76 × 155 × 19.6 mm
- 9.4 cm (3.7 inch), VGA (480 × 640 dots) Blanview® LCD is an capacitive touch panel
- Equipped with IEEE 802.11b/g standard wireless LAN compatible with WPA2 security standards
- Web browser and document viewer which allows one-touch control
- Supports e-mail transmission and video playback of MPEG-4 and WMV files
- Semi-conductor laser scanner can scan symbologies that are useful for various applications, such as determining inventory levels in stockrooms and verifying data to ensure proper medical treatment
- Fitted with Bluetooth® Version 2.0 (Class 2) to enable connection to mobile printers and other devices
- Includes remote desktop tools that enable secure access to business applications software on personal computers
- Meets IP54 dust/splash-proof standards and is durable enough to withstand a 1.5m drop
- Microsoft, Word, Excel, Power Point and Windows Media are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- The BLUETOOTH registered trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A., and licensed to CASIO Computer Co., Ltd.
- Other company and product names are generally registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- Specifications in the table above are current as of December 2010, and may be changed without prior notice.