Enhanced high-quality basic functions!
Improved sound quality and keyboard feel
New AHL* sound source
All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones,
now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony
provides plenty of margin to minimize the chance of notes being dropped
when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
- * Acoustic & Highly-compressed Large-waveform
76 piano-style keyboard
An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
Touch Response let's you add delicate nuances to notes by varying how much pressure you apply to keyboard keys.
Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
New entertainment features!
Makes music more fun than ever before
Sample a sound and you can play it on the keyboard! You can create sound effects for a party or other events, or use sounds to compose music. The potential for fun is virtually unlimited!
- * 5 sounds plus 3 drum sets (of up to 8 sounds each), 10-second maximum total sampling time
Sample sound from an audio device plugged into the Audio In jack or from a microphone plugged into the microphone jack!
You can sample a favorite phrase from a track on a digital audio player, a drum sound, a person's voice, the sound of a pet, or just about any other sound you want.
Play notes on the keyboard using the sampled sound!
If you sample the "Ting!" sound of a triangle, for example, you can then play notes with the sound
on the keyboard. You even can add reverb, vibrato, and other effects to the sampled sound.
Incorporate a sampled sound into accompaniment patterns!
You can sample a favorite musical phrase or drum sound, and use the same to replace some Auto Accompaniment drum sets.
Play sampled sounds or sampled sounds with sounds effects.
A pad also can be used to play a preset percussion sound.
Audio In jack
Connect a digital audio player, CD player, or other audio device and you can play along with music played through the keyboard's speakers.
Sing along with built-in songs or songs loaded from outside sources.
Test your response with an exercise that is just like playing a game!
Music Challenge tests your reaction speed by requiring you to press the keys indicated by the on-screen keyboard guide in time with the Auto Accompaniment tempo using the correct fingers indicated by the on-screen fingering guide.
Powerful lesson functions!
New lessons functions guide you along the way to music proficiency
Step Up Lesson
Pieces are divided into short, easy-to-master phrases making it easy for just about anyone to learn to play. After you master a phrase you advance to the next one. With this new lesson function, you keep building up your collection of mastered phrases and soon you are able to play the entire song.
Example song: Annie Laurie
Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
Voice Fingering Guide
If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
Lesson part select (right hand, left hand, both hands)
152 Song Bank tunes including 50 Exercise phrases (Song Book provided*)
Built-in songs cover a wide range of genres for lesson play and for your listening enjoyment. Includes Exercise phrases!
- * The Song Book does not include music for Exercise phrases. Due to copyright restrictions, some Song Bank tunes may not be included in the Song Book.
You can load songs from external sources and use them for listening, play along, or even lessons.
- Memory capacity is approximately 320KB, which is enough for up to 10 songs. Note that the actual number of songs that can be stored depends on the size of each individual song and other data stored in memory.
- Songs you add using Song Expansion can be used for Step Up Lessons, but fingering guide will not be displayed for such songs.
Recorder and metronome features for lesson support
Designed and engineered to help you sound your best!
Play music from around the world
A wide selection of tones (570 high-quality tones)
A wide selection of musical instrument tones supports play of songs from various genres.
180 rhythms and Auto Accompaniments for Latin music and other styles from around the world (180 rhythms including 74 ethnic rhythms and 20 patterns for piano play)
An advanced Auto Accompaniment feature provides you with access to a large collection of ethnic rhythms from around the world, with a special emphasis on Latin rhythms. In addition to Bossa Nova, Samba, and other basic rhythms, you also get Cumbia, Reggaeton, Calypso, and more!
10 user rhythms created by editing built-in rhythms
Selecting a Music Preset instantly changes the keyboard setup (tone, rhythm, tempo, etc.) so it is ideal for playing a specific song. The selection of setups covers a wide range of musical genres.
Change the scale (temperament) of the keyboard quickly and easily to suit Oriental music or certain types of classical music.
Musical Information System (Large, Backlit LCD)
A wealth of information is displayed to support your keyboard play.
- USB port for computer connection*
- General MIDI (GM Level 1) support allows connection with a computer or another GM-compatible device.
- * Supported operating systems: Windows® XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS® X (10.3.9, 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.6 or later, 10.6.2 or later)
For the latest news about driver and application support under Windows® 7, visit here.
More powerful features and functions
- Recorder for composing and play
- Registration for storage of keyboard setups and instant recall when you need them
- One Touch Preset automatically sets up the keyboard to match the Currently selected rhythm.
- Auto Harmonize adds appropriate harmony notes to your melody automatically.
- Arpeggiator simplifies arpeggio play.